Business Support and Grants for Offshore Renewable Energy
Supply Chain innovation for Offshore Renewable Energy (SCORE) is a £6million grant fund and support programme for small and medium sized companies that are developing new ways of working or innovative technologies in offshore renewable energy.
Grants of up to £50,000 are available to help companies across England to develop new products, processes and ideas – from patenting a product to exploring concepts that offer new ways of solving problems and driving efficiency.
The current SCORE programme, which is part financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and delivered by OrbisEnergy, aims to help 200 innovative businesses and create 100 new jobs. The previous £2.5million programme invested in 40 projects, supported more than 50 companies and helped to generate 70 new jobs.
Grants are available for up to 40% of eligible costs or £50,000, whichever is the lower, with a minimum grant of £2,500. Grants are not the only support available, companies can access up to 12hrs of subsidised business support to help grow and develop their business to assist them within the offshore renewables sector.
The programme is open to pre-trading, new and established companies with fewer than 250 employees and a balance sheet with net assets of less than 50million euros. Recipients can be based anywhere in England but must demonstrate an economic benefit within Cambridge, Essex, Norfolk or Suffolk. Eligible sectors include offshore wind, wave and tidal, other marine renewable energy technologies and their direct supply chains.
- Research and development, including specialised consultancy.
- Implementing findings of the planning process, such as in areas of new product development, manufacturing and design.
- Collaborating with universities and colleges, and sourcing facilities, equipment and expertise to solve technical problems and develop further innovation.
- Accessing expert services for Intellectual Property registration, including patents, designs and trademarks.
- Accessing equipment or services that support a technology ‘step-change’ for the business.
- Acquiring equipment or services to provide additional production capacity to exploit innovation.
- Developing alternative uses and markets for waste products.
- Investigating the technological and commercial viability of transforming innovative ideas into new products, processes and technologies.
- Researching the development of new products or technologies, or significant improvements to existing ones.
- Implementing the results of industrial research, including the creation of pre-production prototypes.
- Assisting with the exploitation costs of new products or processes, including marketing, publicity and attendance at trade fairs.
- £6million grant programme, part funded by ERDF, delivered by OrbisEnergy.
- For development of innovative technologies and new ways of working in offshore renewable energy.
- Grants from £2,500 to £50,000 for up to 40% of eligible costs.
- Subsidised specialist technical and business support available.
- Economic benefit within Cambridgeshire, Essex, Norfolk or Suffolk.
- Fewer than 250 employees. Less than 50 million euros in assets.
To apply for support from the SCORE project you’ll need to complete an enrolment and eligibility screening form, these can be downloaded below. Please note that we need to receive original signed forms and cannot accept scans or copies.
If your business has been trading for more than 12 months please complete the SCORE Enrolment Form, if less than 12 months please complete the Start-ups form.
All applicants must complete the SME Eligibility Screening Form
All forms should be sent to:
SCORE Project Office
Once received your eligibility will be checked. If eligible we will arrange for a Diagnostic Business Review to be carried out with one of our advisors. Upon the completion of the review we will then discuss with you either a grant application or providing additional support.
For more information on the project or if you have any questions relating to the forms please get in touch using the details below.
Tel: 01502 563368
Note: A grant application must be approved by our grant panel and an offer letter received before any money is spent on your new project or innovation.
Discover how the previous SCORE grant programme helped companies to develop their offshore renewable energy innovations.