- This Lunch and Learn session has been designed to assist offshore wind farm personnel gain a better understanding of your weather forecasts. It will help improve your operational decision making when weather is a factor. Informed weather based decisions help reduce coats through ensuring safety and minimising down- time.
StormGeo will be focusing on weather forecast for construction and O&M, it includes:
- An insight into how forecasts are produced and how they should be interpreted
- Comparing observational data with forecasts
- Identifying operational weather windows and making optimal use of these
- Weather interpretation for post – operational reports to management
Lunch and networking is included.
Certificates of attendance are issued for CPD purposes.
Book your free place today 01502 563368 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Managing the weather risk offshore
Event Date: Wednesday July 19, 2017
Event Time: 11.00am-13.00pm
Event Venue: Boardroom, OrbisEnergy, Wilde Street, Lowestoft, NR32 1XH
Having worked within the property department for 9 years, I have had the pleasure of working within the majority of the Nwes sites in the Norfolk and Waveney area. For the last 2.5 years I have been based at OrbisEnergy and more recently as Senior Coordinator overlooking the renewable hub and team.
Devon has joined the team at OrbisEnergy as an Administration Coordinator in November 2014 and more recently a Centre Coordinator in January 2016. Having previously worked within various customer service roles she is pleased to be able to apply her skills and knowledge to her position at OrbisEnergy.
She is keen to build a strong understanding within the Offshore Renewable industry, whilst being able to develop a good mind for business and sales.
Johnathan is responsible for all aspects of business and supply chain development for the flagship innovation and incubation centre for offshore renewables in the east of England, OrbisEnergy.
Matt’s role is Technical Support Manager, his main duty is leading the European Clusters for Offshore Wind Servicing Project (ECOWindS, www.ecowinds.eu) on behalf of Nwes. In addition to ECOWindS Matt’s role is provide support for the property team and to carry out specific project work.
John is Managing Director of Nautilus, Director of Nwes and Hub Director of OrbisEnergy and Beacon Innovation Centre. He is a mechanical engineer and has broad experience gained over 40 years in the international offshore industry.